Sunday, May 27, 2012

YH has a logo!!! and some LYS comments

I FINALLY DESIGNED A LOGO!!! and yes CAPS are necessary because I have been procrastinating on this forever!!! It's nice and simple, and I can modify the colours of the yarn as I choose as well as the "paper" banner on the skein! I'm sure I'll modify it again, but for the moment I'm pleased with it :)
In other news: I'm still working on things for the convention... but I have to say, I'll be thrilled when it's done because I have 2 or 3 projects in mind, that I WANT to make so badly, it's distracting me from the work I should be doing for the Con! NOT good!

I also had yet another horrible experience at my local LYS... I suppose it's the bane of being a young "punk" (though I would hardly call myself that) but unless it's a Saturday I cannot visit Cricket Cove here in Moncton! I'm either followed by the woman working, like I'm going to steal her yarn, or I'm ignored, like I was this past week... It's very frustration to me, because I love being a young person* who still crochets  because I think it's important that we continue to keep these crafts going, but we need the support of the older generation to do that. I did put in a call to Cricket Cove's head office so, we'll wait to see if the owner gets back to me! I hope so because they do carry some great yarns that I can only get there without a 2-3 hour drive to Cricket Cove, Saint John / Spinning Wheel, Bathurst / The Loop; Halifax. If you are local and looking for some great yarn shops please check out these ones, my husband and I have had GREAT service there! We do also have London-Wul Fibre, Dieppe however they mostly carry wool, so I don't visit there often as wool burns!!!

*PS: at 26 am I still considered a young person?

No comments:

Post a Comment