Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hats, hats and more hats... that I need to make

I have suddenly found myself overwhelmed with hat commissions! I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but it did! People love custom hats and I really can't complain about making them! I do tend to get REALLY anxious though when making kid hats, adults are easy, I just have to size to fit my tiny head, or J's larger noggin... kids though... they are weird sized... and of course 8 of the 9 hats I need to make right now are for kids! I'm being very paranoid and proactive though, and giving the mother who ordered 6 of the 9 hats for her three kids the shell of a hat for each to try on them before I start the decorating. I want to ensure that all my research paid off and they'll fit properly, especially since a bunch of the hats have mohawks which take quite a bit of work!

Here's what's going to be on my hook for the next little bit -looks like my own ideas are going to have to wait :)
  1. black and grey mohawk hat with skull and crossbones applique
  2. grey sock monkey hat with mohawk and eyepatch
  3. hello kitty inspired white and pink hat (1)
  4. hello kitty inspired white and pink hat (2)
  5. pink brimmed hat with flower applique
  6. brown sock monkey hat with mohawk
  7. football hat
  8. green mushroom (mario style) hat
  9. basic black mercerized cotton beanie
And yup... hats will be my life for the next few weeks... I'm hoping I can buckle down and get them done ASAP so I can move on to finally finishing my slipper sizing and work on a surprise project :) as well as some owls I was commissioned to make for Xmas. I also just found out that I might be getting 2 more hat commissions!

No comments:

Post a Comment