Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Morning Hat Order

This weekend was SO MUCH FUN! I was in insane hat making mode! A customer had ordered 7 hats  (2 for each of her 3 children, and 1 for her niece) and as it's suddenly really cold in the morning I had to get rushing to finish up 5 hats for her! (The other 2 are for a baby due on Boxing Day, so no rush there!)

And here they are!
Pirate Sock Monkey Hat (made to fit a toddler)
Hello Kitty-ish Hat # 1 (made to fit a child)
Brim Hat with Flower (made to fit a child)
Here's the pattern I modified to make this hat


Hello Kitty-ish Hat # 2 (made to fit a toddler)
Mohawk Hat (made to fit a toddler)
Mohawk Hat (made to fit a toddler)

I'm really happy with how all of them turned out, I think the mohawk one is going to become a staple in my store soon, it's a great fun hat! And it could be made girlier using a different colour scheme  and I'm hoping to offer different options for the applique on the side.

I'm also very happy to have these out of the way because I still have a bunch of more commissions to get made... I think there are 4 more hats to make, a set of owl amigurumi, and some slippers... I think that's it for now... I need to double check my list lol

I'm also finding myself in this weird place where pricing is concerned. I have a VERY bad habit of underpricing my work, I do great work, it's well made, creative and made with love, I love to crochet... but I also need to make some money off of it... Yarn costs money, my time costs money and I'm finally starting to realize I'm really undercutting myself in a lot of instances... I think once all these commissions are done, J and I will be sitting down and coming up with some styles I want to focus on and a pricing guide. I don't want to stop doing commissions, I LOVE THEM, they give me the chance to make things that I've never thought to do myself, but I need to be firm and try to get the prices I think my work and I deserve...

1 comment:

  1. You did an awesome job Stephanie. I am so pleased with the work you have done on the 6 hats. I will be ordering more over the years as my children grow! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete