Sunday, November 4, 2012

What's on my hook

Feeling pretty overwhelmed again by things I need to make. Two weeks ago, I was pumped, I was ahead of schedule... and then I got sick again, like sick to the point that it was almost pneumonia, GO ME! Therefore I didn't get much done during that time... I didn't feel comfortable working on commissions so I designed some gingerbread man and woman ornaments (hopefully more information on them soon) and I taught myself how to use double-ended crochet hooks! I had tried to learn a few months ago, but the double-ended hook I had bought (the only one available at Walmart) had a really shallow hook, and I couldn't seem to catch the yarn with it; my next attempt was using my Denise's Interchangeable Crochet Hooks but since the set only comes with one of each hook size, I was trying with a 4.5 and 5mm attached together, which also was also not the best tool for the job. Then a few weeks ago, I was ordering some yarn from Red Heart and saw that they sold the single add-on hooks to my Denise set! So I ended up picking up a 4, 5 and 6mm and within a few hours I had my first double-ended tunisian dishcloth! By the way, this technique makes the prettiest fabric! (Hopefully, I'll find some time to do a tutorial on this, because it's awesome!!)

Anyway... back on the farm...

I have 3 pairs of slippers, 6 hats (3 of which are mohawk hats), 7 amigurumi/plush animals, and 2 bikinis to make by December/Christmas...

And of course instead of working on all this, because I still have like ZERO energy or attention span from being sick and I'm now trying to take care of the now sick J (I like to share), I've been making gingerbread people and dishcloths... And doing some repairs on some items for J's cousin, which I will hopefully finish up tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment