Tuesday, May 20, 2014

East Coast Comic Expo 2014 Wrap-Up

 
My Table!!! Check out the pretty banner J got me!

 My favourite part of ECCE was: having some awesome discussions with people about crocheting and oddly enough prep for it. I injured my back on some black ice back in March, and was stuck with very limited mobility for 2.5 weeks, which cost me dearly in prep time. So I was in a huge rush to get together some items for this Con and I really enjoyed the challenge! It's stressful sometimes, it causes blisters and sore hands and wrists but it's fun. I'm glad I got that love back, I think I was losing it a bit recently which was heartbreaking.

My least favourite part of ECCE was: that it died down massively after about 2pm. The day started off strong, I made a sale before the doors even opened for the VIP,  and then around 2pm, the crowds stopped and it lead to a very long few hours.

What surprised me the most about ECCE was: that things I had made based on feedback from people last year, went unsold. I had had requests for Finn hats, and I don't know if it was just my version people didn't like, or if the craze is now over, but they unfortunately didn't sell, neither did 3 of my My Little Pony's nor my large Aquaman or Captain America.

What I learnt at ECCE was: that you just never know what people are going to want or not want!

The next step for me is: working on building up stock and starting to blog again. ECCE is looking like the only Convention we are doing this year, so I want to try to get an online store up and running again and work on keeping a quantity of stock, that way I wont have as much of a panic before the next Con.

----

This year was really fun though, I took 2 days off before the Con, which were spent frantically crocheting and sewing. I was up until 1am Friday gluing Shrinky Dink hearts to hair bows. After the Con I took us out for Italian food and then I did something crazy and bought myself a tablet! I've wanted one for a while, and lately my inability to read books (allergic to something in the paper) has been bothering me. So I'm hoping this will help me start reading again!

And because I don't post enough about Java on here...
Here's Java in his new bed with some partially finished ponies
The little guy will pose the instant you hold up your phone...
it's cute and kind ridiculous

Here he is at his first trip to the beach on Sunday! He spent
the first little bit barking at some birds and then at the waves
but then he jumped in and enjoyed the water a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment