Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Crocheting for my Craftroom 2

Forever ago I blogged about the crocheting I was doing for my craftroom, well my lapghan is done!!!



I chose a square from Edie Eckman's book Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs, I love this book. It's my go to when I'm making a blanket, or pot holder, I've even converted one into a hat! It's just a great book, and it's so pretty that J doesn't even mind (too much) when I leave it sitting around. But back to my afghan, as is my prerogative the overall plan changes slightly from the original design, I still used 7 balls of yarn, but I swapped out Waverly Fresh Petals for Vanna's Choice Magenta (Fresh Petals was too pale). It also morphed from being a square 7 x 7 afghan to 6 x 8 squares - which perfectly covers my lap and legs! Now I just need to actually buy a sitting chair for my craftroom so I can use it!



I've also made a gorgeous rug for my room!!! I wanted something that made a statement, and I think this --" bubblegum pink doily does just that! It was made with 4 balls of Red Heart With Love yarn, two strands held together and a 6.5mm hook using the Mantilla Doily free pattern from Coats and Clark. It wasn't a hugely difficult project, but you definitely need to pay attention because it's easy to get confused. As I went on as well each row felt like it was taking FOREVER! That became slightly frustrating, but since I'm thrilled with the final results it was worth it.



My stash is all out and gorgeous!!! I have rearranged it a bit since taking this photo to even out the yarn a bit, but you get the idea.

I was planning on painting it, but I haven't gotten around to buying paint yet, and I'm oddly liking the plain pale greyness... I still think it'll eventually end up pale yellow and bright pink like I had originally planned though. I love colour!


No comments:

Post a Comment