Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Having a "I can't think of a title" moment...

I'm off on Thursday for Dalhousie, NB to spend a few day's in J's hometown and visit his mom! While I'm there, we are also setting up for our first farmer's market! I would lie if I said I was calm about it, but I do have a ton of stock that I'm hoping I can sell off *finger crossed* so I can focus on re-branding YarrHooked! a bit, and trying to focus on a dozen or so items (in varying colours/patterns or whatever) and not having a 100 different items -probably not much of an exaggeration- that I make on a whim...

In other random news, I'm still waiting on my yarn from Turkey to come in, I'm excited for a fingering weight acrylic (it's hard to find thin yarns I can work with because most contain wool)... J's thinks it's probably on a boat over the Atlantic right now... *sigh*

I did find this AWESOME site: Yarnia!!!! YOU CAN DESIGN YOUR OWN YARN!!!! you pick the colors/fibers you want, and depending on how many you combine it can be lace to bulky weight and you buy it by the yard or ounce etc. I designed a pretty pink and yellow marbled acrylic/cotton yarn and a gorgeous peacock shade... and hopefully if the market goes well this weekend, I might actually order something from them!!! Their prices are very reasonable!

No comments:

Post a Comment