Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Animaritime 2013 Wrap-Up

I really liked how I did my wrap-up last year for Animaritime so I figured I would follow the same style this year as well! This was my 3rd convention, my 2nd time at Animaritime and my 1st time doing the whole weekend. IT WAS AWESOME! I could never have imagined the love and compliments I received, or that I would sell out of most of my dolls within the first day! WOW!
Friday - Day 1 table set up
My favourite part of Animaritime was: the reactions from people! It just makes me feel so awesome to see people jumping in spot and smiling when they look at something I made. I was also extremely happy that J was there with me and was able to see what both of our hard work and frustration during prep-time was totally worth it!

My least favourite part of Animaritime was: the set up this year... Due to the large number of events being held, the convention spanned the convention center and the hotel across the street, which made it feel like we weren't getting the same number of people through the vendor/artist room on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday - Day 2 table set up
Hey look it's me crocheting!
What surprised me the most about Animaritime was: that a lot of the hats, mitts etc that I brought more as table filler (as I didn't have a ton of time to create stock) sold really well! They weren't big sellers the 1st day, but on the 2nd and 3rd as my table became less cluttered, people seemed to really love them and often commented that they hadn't noticed them on Friday or Saturday.

What I learned from Animaritime was: I need to start my stock now for next year... like right now! As J kept pointing out if I had had 2 or 3 of some dolls, they would have sold...
Sunday - Day 3 table set up
The next step for me is: I'm going to be a the Muddy River Murder this Saturday, then, it's looking through my stock and perfecting the items I want to have for next year! Sadly this year Hal-Con isn't in the plans for me, but hopefully next year!

As J and I lived in Fredericton for 2 years while I finished up my university, we decided to turn this weekend into a small vacation as well! After the Con was over, Monday was Canada Day!

Canada Day was wonderful! We had breakfast at Crêpe Suzette
Their version of eggs benedict was delicious!
Then we pretty much set up downtown and watched people, hung out, listened to music and I even found some time to do some crocheting (you can't be surprised).
Aww we're cute!
Sadly the night ended on a bit of a downer... the fireworks, which I remember being great years ago, were a bit of a flop... they usually shoot them off of two barges in the river, but I think the 2nd barge malfunctioned...
There's a whole lemon in my lemonade!
And Tuesday, the rain that had plagued us Friday and Saturday, started again... but we braved it to hit a few stores before heading home. I was really excited to hit up their LYS (local yarn store) but unfortunately their clerk was too busy on the phone with a friend to acknowledge us, plus there was a large dog in the store. As I advertise my work as being done in a pet-free home, it felt disingenuous to purchase yarn from a shop where animals are present. We left, with only a glare from the clerk for talking to each other while she was on the phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment