Monday, April 29, 2013

Star Wars Amigurumi!


I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was working hard a big commission...

It was a A HUGE set of Star Wars dolls that J's friend requested!!!
2 Stormtroopers, 2 Ewoks, Yoda, Chewbacca, R2D2 and Darth Vader!
patterns from LucyRavenscar

All the dolls turned out AWESOME! I loved them so much, and am working away on more for the upcoming Cons!


The most complicated one by far was Chewbacca! The actually crocheting wasn't really tricky, it was the brushing of him with the slicker brush that was tricky.
the original arm                                       the brushed arm
It's amazing how different the yarn looks and how soft it gets from brushing

Here are some closer up images of all the Star Wars figures, they all stand on their own, they are about 3.5-5.5" tall depending on the figure. Being me, sorry J, I did make some minor changes to them, the biggest change was on the bottom, I made it flatter so it stood better. These are awesome patterns though, and I would recommend them to anyone!
Loved Chewbacca, but my poor fingers, which
I massacred with the slicker brush did not! His
bag is removable and he's so soft!
The stormtroopers turned out awesome!
They were crazy easy to make, aside from his
mouth, all the other details were crocheted
while making the doll, which I appreciate!
It's REALLY hard to take a photo of Darth!
His black-on-blackness... also I chose to
crochet a cape for him, instead of using felt
R2D2 was a surprisingly easy pattern, he stands
really well, and the only real complication came
from sewing on details... for someone who has
cross-stitched and sewed for years, I have a hard
time doing these types of details
My little Wicket! I was so sad to sell this guy!
Just a random cute Ewok
Favourite thing about this Yoda is that his
robe/coat is removable!! I've also made the
other version of Yoda, but don't have the
photo at the moment

And my 2013 phones problems continued... I was never fully happy with my replacement phone, I got myself to place I was okay with it, and then problems started, my touch screen and power button wouldn't work randomly, then my battery started fluctuating from 50% to 3%... which the final straw! Thankfully I had a 30 day warranty, so I went in Saturday morning, explained the problem and left with yet another phone! This one was actually a Glide like my 1st phone (that I loved) and so far it's working awesome! Fingers crossed this is the end of my phone issues...

No comments:

Post a Comment