Wednesday, March 20, 2013

1 year older...

Last week did not go the way I wanted it to! Somethings went better, somethings went worse...

On Tuesday I had a molar pulled, (tooth of doom will not be missed) which was apparently a very complicated procedure, but I thankfully had little to no side-effects from it. Barely swelled, no bruising, and thanks to my buddy T3, no pain! However the T3 caused me to spend Wednesday and Thursday sleeping most of the day, so my vast list of crocheting goals was left mostly undone!


 The big deal was that my recovery went well enough that I WAS ABLE TO EAT BIRTHDAY CAKE on Saturday! I turned 27, and I was kind of bummed earlier that week that I wasn't going to get cake, but since my recovery was going fine, I decided to bake myself a bday cake! (Yes, I bake my own cake. I have for the past 3 or 4 years, I love to bake, and this is one of the few excuses I have to bake a cake). I decided cinnamon rolls would be my inspiration for cake this year.. I started with vanilla cake batter, I set a bit of the batter aside to mix in some melted butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar, then I spiraled the cinnamon batter on top of the vanilla batter, and baked it! I finished the cake off with tangy cream cheese frosting! It was awesome!

I forgot to take a picture with the icing on it... but it was pretty
and more importantly it was tasty!

But I was able to get some cute new mitts created, and I've designed a new fashion scarf which I'm in love with. I'm excitedly waiting for my keychains to come in so I can start crocheting those up!

Love this neapolitan popsicle fashion scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment