Monday, March 11, 2013

Cons confirmed!

It's a bit late posting this but I'm happy to report that people in Moncton and Fredericton will be getting a chance to buy some YarrHooked! items this spring/summer!!! I will be at the East Coast Comic Expo on May 18th in Moncton at the Beaver Curling Club and at Animaritimes from June 28th-30th in Fredericton at the Fredericton Convention Center! There's going to be a ton of items at both, ranging from hats, scarves and mitts to dolls to hairclips and keychains/bag charms. I'm even hoping to get two new zombie creations done before the show!

I've been testing out new patterns this past week for con items and some have worked, some haven't at all. It's always a bittersweet thing when only half the items you test work, for instance I'm stoked that my 1" tall cake slices look adorable, but the disappointment that my crochet balloon animal bunny is an amorphous blob. It kind of takes the fun out of the successes when patterns fail, but I'm trying to focus on the positive!


I'm also working away on my new HtbaFB homework for the past two lessons (which I'm combining into one post)... I'm very stoked on the project, though I'm not sure if I'm really doing what's intended.

I'm also gearing up for a 4.5 days weekend, and I think I need to create a new to do list (that I'll NEVER be able to complete) to keep myself on track during my time off. I'm not positive I'll really be up to crocheting much on Wednesday, as I'm getting a molar pulled tomorrow afternoon (I've never had a tooth pulled and I have no idea how my body is going to react) but hopefully Thursday and Friday will be productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment